Monday, February 11, 2008

A Busy Weekend!

Things have been going well. This past weekend was the boarders big weekend. On Friday night they had a social and invited other schools so there was around 500 students here. I had a bad headache that night so I stayed away from the social.

On Saturday I went to the movies with Jess to supervise 19 of the boarders. We saw 27 Dresses. I thought it was really cute! And because we went in a big group the tickets were discounted which was good because movie tickets are usually $15 dollars here but with the group rate they were $9. Later on Saturday we went to the beach with all of the boarders. It was a great day. We had pizza and I got to see how Cricket is played (kind of).

Me & Hannah (Jr. Boarding staff)
@ the
beach

The seagulls were incredibly obnoxious while we were eating. Think "Finding Nemo"




I got to be one of the judges for the sand castle contest.
They were so clever!
Tonks (a Sr. Mistress) helped
judge sandcastles too





Don't think Tonks liked this one ;-)

On Sunday we went to Greenhills Adventure Park in Victor Harbor. It was a good time, there was mini golf, peddle boats (and tricycles!), and water slides. Needless to say it was also a beautiful day and even though I put heaps of sunscreen on twice while there I got burnt and now my skin feels like it is on fire. I guess I could blame it on not being in the summer sun for a couple months. I am enjoying getting to know the boarders a little better. They really are sweet girls but have their typical adolescent drama.

I start teaching this week! I am excited :-) We will be learning about points, line segments, rays and angles in year 7 Maths and the year 8s are learning about Medieval times in SOSE. Still trying to work out what classes I will be teaching once I get to full time.

4 comments:

Aji said...

Hi, Chelsie, Sounds like a fun weekend. Those water tricycles look interesting. Aunt Jo

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having a blast!

smithn83 said...

just wanted to remind you, 7th graders are not to be taught calculus, even though i know you will try to slip it in there :-P

Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsie, looks like you are really enjoying your time. God bless you and may he give you many opportunities to plant seeds and maybe even reap salvation seeds that others have planted. He is so good. Continue making Him the center of your life and this trip as you allow Him to show you new things and take you to new hights. Talk to you later.

Chris H.