Tuesday, May 13, 2008

In the past month....

Wow, its crazy that it has almost been a month since I left Australia (on the 15th in the states, on the 16th in Australia). It seems so long since I left Australia, and I miss it a lot. I think so much has happened since I came home. This is a little bit on how it went:

I got home on the 16th of April after a loooong trip home. Then I left again on the friday 18th to go back to Ohio. I stayed with my old roommate and friend, Elise the first night. It was good catching up with her. I missed her! and then got back to Cedarville that Saturday afternoon in time for the annual awards show, Elliv. Its hard to explain what Elliv is but its kind of like a mock-academy awards show. People go dressed in thier own themes and there are lots of entertainment including songs and skits. The following Monday I spent 11.5 hours in the library to start my interview portfolio and then another 5 hours the next day to complete it before my Exit interview that day. Later on Tuesday we had a Computer Services BBQ and I finally got a treasured CU padfolio. I started working again at CompServ on Wednesday. During the week I basically worked a lot and went out with friends at night.

On April 25th we had our Junior/Senior Banquet. It was a fun night, Ben flew in and we got all dressed up. The whole night was spent with friends. After JS we went to Buck Creek Park and reminisced about the past three years going from friendship to dating. He then proposed! Ask me for the Engagement Story sometime!!

May 3rd was graduation. My family had made it to Ohio on the night of April 30th. They drove out. We did a lot while they were there, we went out to eat at Colonials (a local Cedarville pizza place) and Bob Evans, went to Youngs Jersey Dairy, they met and hung out with Ben's family. It was a good time. Its crazy that graduation is over, school is over. Wow.

After leaving Ohio on May 4th we went to Washington D.C., New York City, Cooperstown - Baseball Hall of Fame, and Niagara Falls. We then drove 50+ hrs stright home. During the road trip I came down with something and still am recovering from it. Went to the doctor but he didnt really know what it could be. He gave me some medicine and some steroids. Hope I get better soon.

Here are some pictures of what I have shared about:
Ben and I Dressed Up At JS
The Family
The Graduating Seniors
My Freshman Year Roomie
Me, My Parents and Sisters and Brothers
The Swannys meet the Hoffmans

And the Road Trip Begins First Stop: Washington, D.C.
New York City at Night

We went to Ellis Island and The Statue of LibertyMy Favorite Stop: Cooperstown - Baseball Hall of Fame
AAGBL Uniforms - As Seen in My Favorite Movie: A League of Thier Own
My Family Rooting for the Home Team
Sitting in the Double Day Field Rooting for the Peaches
Niagara Falls
View from The Maid of the Mist

No comments: