Thursday, March 6, 2008

83 days divded by 2

Hey Friends and Family,

Well I have been here for half of my time, its amazing how fast everything has gone by! When I left I had 83 days before I would be home again, now I am down to 41 days. And graduation is in 53 days. Can you say SCARY! So many things are unknown about this summer, I wish I could go back to Camp Gilead or work at Sambica. Camp ministry is where my heart really is. Maybe that is why I have always wanted to be a teacher, cause deep down I knew I wanted to spend my summer sat camp :-) - No worries, I do love teaching and have learned a lot during my experience here!

This week was a 3 day teaching week with Thursday being Sports Day and Friday being a student free teacher day. Originally Sports Day was supposed to take the whole day but the temp was too high - 37 degrees Celsius (which is about 100 degrees Fahrenheit!). Kind of ironic that when I went on to check the temperature I was informed that Seattle was 37 degrees...Fahrenheit. I have never had school canceled because of heat, that was a new experience, I have always had it canceled because of snow and ice though.

Next week (week 6) is a 4 day week with Monday off for the Adelaide Cup (yes, folks, its true, school gets canceled here for a Horse Race). The following two weeks (weeks 7 & 8) will be 4 day weeks due to the Friday before and the Monday after Easter being holidays. Week 9 I am going on a camp with the year 7 students to The Grampians in Victoria. I am absolutely excited for this!

The boarding house is extremely quiet, its an exeat weekend for the boarders...so I am going to have to figure out how to keep myself fed during the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, if you're ever in melbourne, let me know! and...are you doing anything for easter?? anyway, if you're ever in the area, give me a call...0422260066. sounds like ya'll are even a little hotter than we are here. (we're usually a couple of degrees cooler than melbourne) so weird that we're 1/2 way done, isn't it?
~Becky

Kiva said...

wow, already half done? so crazy.

I miss you so much, my twin. I love you.

smithn83 said...

hahahaha, well, well it's too hot? then you'll be happy to know that we just got a winter storm warning cancelled, so that it could be replaced with a blizzard warning. yep, we're supposed to get between 10-16" of snow by tomorrow afternoon. so go lay on the beach and enjoy it :P

Aji said...

The kids here had a Sports Day on Thursday too. Do you think its a Commonwealth scheduled event? Probably not. Any way the temp here in The Gambia that day were probably around 115 at least. I was afraid to check. No cancellation though.