Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Summer Plans

Hello Everyone!

A week or so ago I finally got my summer plans in order and I am excited about them! First off, after graduation I will be going on sort of a road trip with my family. We will visit: Washington D.C., New York, and Chicago. I love both D.C. and Chicago but New York will be totally new to me!
After I get back I will be working at Moss Green. I have worked at Moss Green a few times during breaks and before camp during the summers. It's a screen printing shop which is neat to see how shirts are printed, but at the same time in the summer its hot and the job is pretty monotonous (not complaining, I promise!)

ALSO!!

I will be working at Camp Gilead again this summer. It has been a difficult battle for me on whether I should or shouldnt work at camp. First I had filled out the application for HS Stall Leader again but then debated on turning it in. Since I will be graduating this year it is important to find a job and be available for interviews, so being at camp Sunday night to Saturday mornings can make this hard. Also, I have quite a few weddings to go to this summer and really wanted to make it to those. So for a while I decided not to apply for camp this summer. That is, until the day after the deadline when I started sweating about it and regretting not applying. But it was too late. So I went online and looked up other camps I could work at, I applied for the HS staff program director at Sambica and was offered the job. I was really excited about this oppurtunity but didnt see it working out this summer, so after a lot of prayer and thought I had to turn the offer down. Only recently I had been trying to find ways of being able to work at camp and decided that I could maybe spend a week or two out there filling in if they needed it. When I emailed the Program Director about this she suggested I apply for day camp counselor since that is only 4 weeks of the summer (3 weeks of camp and 1 training week). I thought about it and toyed with the idea. My passions really fall on the Middle School and High School kids but the day camps involve 1st-3rd graders. I prayed about it and applied for the job. In the end I was actually offered the Day Camp Director position. Which I am excited about, I love the planning aspect and it also works out great will being able to work with Moss Green the other weeks of the summer and have the flexibility to go to weddings and search for teaching a job. I will be at camp for 5 weeks including the leadership training week as well as the weeks I mentioned before. I am really happy about how my summer is looking and excited to see how God will work in all the areas involved!

1 comment:

smithn83 said...

wow sounds like you're enjoying yourself alot and got things in order for the summer (even from down under, impressive).
so you posted like a million things since i checked last, so i will too, ha. it's actually starting to warm up here...mostly 40s/50s, maybe 60 some random times. but lots of rain, bleh...ohio. anyways, i am going to detroit this weekend, and have a meeting in ann arbor on monday, which also doubles as TIGERS OPENING DAY, so i'm gonna try to score a ticket, if i can :)
then next wednesday it's off to DC (where i'll actually have some time to catch the subway to the national mall and see stuff this time), then to LA the following week. i took a day of vacation for that one, so i can hit the beach and do some other stuff and just relax. and of course, cant forget the trip to fairbanks, alaska, which will be very awesome, especially since i get to layover a day in seattle on the way back.
oh ya, i also am going to munich, germany for a week in june (actually i'll be there on my bday) and then palm springs, CA in october (actually, 29 palms marine corps base). all of this is work-related of course, but i will work it to my advantage :D
oh ya, did i mention that i am way excited about baseball starting up again? because, yeah, i am excited about that....
hmm, gastone is in good health now...and i'm running out of things to say....
well, make sure you have a blast for your last couple weeks in adelaide!
-nathan